In this in-house communication skills and influencing skills workshop typically you will learn how to:
- Understand and respect the different ways that people make sense of their experience leading to more choice and influence.
- Understand your own communication preferences and how to use these to maximise your personal impact.
- Understand situations from different points of view and be able to make effective balanced decisions to gain the co-operation of everyone involved with integrity.
- Build quality relationships, based on trust and confidence through rapport.
- Communicate in ways that enhance understanding and interest and listen actively.
- Learn assertiveness techniques.
- Understand your key drivers around influence and persuasion as well as those of others using the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) or Insights Discovery.
- Adapt your own communication preferences to have greater influence.
The emphasis is on learning tools that can be applied with immediate effect, and the style is highly interactive, participative and personalised. Many of the tools and techniques from our best selling book ‘Presenting Yourself With Impact at Work’ will be included in the workshop. The workshop can be tailored to run on one or two days.
Comments from previous attendees of ‘Communicating and Influencing with Integrity’:
A great course pitched at the right level and enjoyable to undertake.
Stimulating, good coverage of topics. Practicing on guests was superb.
A workshop of real value! Quantifiable improvement made.
It gave me very practical skills to take away.
This programme has tremendous validity to everyone, both in the work and social environment.